History of ICOVP Series
The first ICOVP Conference was held in 1990 at the A.C. College, Jalpaiguri, under the co-Chairmanship of two scientists, namely Professor M. M. Banerjee from the host Institution and Professor P. Biswas from the sister organization A. C. College of Commerce. The initial name of the Conference was “International Conference on Vibration Problems of Mathematics and Physics” and was changed to the current one at its third edition.
During the last twenty-eight years, the ICOVP activities have been gaining momentum to meet the challenges of the twenty-first century, regarding the up to date engineering issues and their applications in the high-technology industries - such as high-speed spacecraft, nuclear power plants, offshore, storage and high-rise structures- where vibration has a significant impact.
The previous meetings of the ICOVP Conference series were:
1. ICOVP-1990, 20-23 October-1990, A.C. College, Jalpaiguri-India,
2. ICOVP-1993, 4-7 November 1993, A.C. College, Jalpaiguri-India,
3. ICOVP-1996, 27-29 November 1996, University of North Bengal, India,
4. ICOVP-1999, 27-30 November 1999, Jadavpur University, West Bengal, India,
5. ICOVP-2001, 8-10 October 2001, (IMASH), Moscow, Russia,
6. ICOVP-2003, 8-12 September 2003, Tech. Univ. of Liberec, Czech Republic,
7. ICOVP-2005, 5-9 September 2005, Işık University, Şile, İstanbul, Turkey,
8. ICOVP-2007, 1-3 February 2007, Bengal Engineering and Science University, Shibpur, West Bengal, India.
9. ICOVP-2009, 19-22 January, 2009, Indian Institute of Technology, Kharagpur, India.
10. ICOVP-2011, 5-8 September, 2011, Technical University of Liberec, Prague (Czech Republic).
11. ICOVP-2013, 9-12 September, 2013, Instituto Superior Técnico, Universidade Técnica de Lisboa Lisbon, Portugal.
12. ICOVP-2015, 14-17 December 2015, Indian Institute of Technology Guwahati, 781039 India.
13. ICOVP - 2017, 29 November - 2 December, 2017, hosted jointly, Indian Institute of Technology Guwahati, Guwahati, India and Işık University, İstanbul, Turkey.